Attorney at Law, Florida
Attorney at Law
Dom Law PA
1814 N 15th Street, Ste 7
Tampa, FL 33605
ADA and Civil Rights Discrimination
Insurance Coverage and Defense
The Florida Bar
Florida State Courts
US District Court, Southern District of Florida
US District Court, Middle District of Florida?
Bachelor of Arts, University of Miami, 2007
Juris Doctorate, St. Thomas School of Law, 2012
Licensed Florida Realtor, 2015
Community / Awards
• Supreme Court of Florida, Young Lawyers Division,
2017 Pro Bono Public Service Award
• La Circolettera, The Italian Cultural Society (2016 – Present)
• Egypt Shrine, Noble (2015-Present), Fun and Frolic (2015-Present)
• Guardian Ad Litem Program: 13th Judicial Circuit, Hillsborough County
Certified Volunteer Guardian Ad Litem (2015-Present)
• Hillsborough Lodge No. 25: Free & Accepted Masons of Florida
• Camillus House Young Leaders (CHYL), Member (2013)
Board of Directors (2013)
• Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Miami, Big Brother (2012-2013)
• Lawyers to the Rescue, Volunteer (2011-2013)
Board of Directors (2012-2013)
• Lawyers to the Rescue 2012 Law Student of the Year
• When Drones Attack – Is Drone Negligence on the Horizon
American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
Tort Trial and Insurance Practice, Fall 2016 Newsletter
• How Proportionality Under New Rule 26 Narrows the Breadth
of Federal Tort Cases, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
Tort Trial and Insurance Practice
Summer 2016 Committee Newsletter
• The Importance of Physical Evidence in Tort Claims
American Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Division
Tort Trial and Insurance Practice
Winter 2016 Committee Newsletter
• Author of “In the Corner”, the legal blog of Lee & Lazzara, PLLC
• Author of “The Distance”, the monthly newsletter publication
of Lee & Lazzara, PLLC
• Author of “The Young Lawyer”, a legal blog of over 1,000 followers
Domenick "Dom" Lazzara practices personal injury, intellectual property, and business and corporations law. He is the owner of Dom Law, PA, an Ybor City Law Firm. Dom is also an adjunct professor at the University of Tampa, Sykes College of Business, teaching business and entrepreneurship law, and serves in leadership roles with both the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division (“YLD”) and Hillsborough County Bar Association YLD.
Dom has negotiated, successfully litigated, and settled hundreds of personal injury cases over the course of his career, including auto accidents, premise liability (slip-and-fall), product liability, medical malpractice, and professional malpractice. Dom is passionate about business and the law, keeping a steady and busy practice of business and entrepreneurial clients, helping them to realize their business goals through incorporation, obtaining the necessary intellectual property protections, and business planning. Dom supplements this aspect of his practice by holding a position as an adjunct professor at the University of Tampa, Sykes College of Business. Dom was born and raised in Tampa, Florida. A graduate of Tampa Preparatory High School, he moved to South Florida in 2003 to attend the University of Miami. In 2007 he graduated from the University of Miami with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Anthropology. Dom received his Juris Doctor degree from St. Thomas University School of Law in 2012.
During law school, Dom developed a passion for trial work. In his second year of law school, as a member of the St. Thomas University School of Law Trial Team, Dom competed in four mock trial competitions and was named the Trial Team’s Most Improved Advocate. In his final year of law school, Dom served as Trial Team President, was named to the Dean’s List both semesters, and clerked for a Board-Certified Civil Trial Attorney. After graduating law school, Dom was offered a full-time position at a prominent South Florida personal injury law firm. He successfully managed a demanding caseload of more than 50 plaintiff personal injury and medical malpractice claims against large defendants including Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Carnival Cruise Lines, and Winn-Dixie.
While in South Florida, Dom's dedication to law school and his personal injury practice was equaled by his devotion to civic service. In his second year of law school, Dom began an internship with Lawyers to the Rescue. He worked with individuals at a legal clinic for the homeless and mentored law students in their journey to become full-fledged volunteers. He was recognized for his outstanding work by receiving the award for “Law Student of the Year” at its Annual Public Service Awards Ceremony. Dom was then offered a position and subsequently sat on the board of directors for Lawyers to the Rescue. While in Miami, Dom was also a member of Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Greater Miami, served as a Big Brother, and sat on the board of the Camillus House Young Leaders Organization, or CHYL, an organization designed to encourage young professionals to give back.
In 2013, after ten years living and working in South Florida, Dom moved back to his hometown community of South Tampa. He worked as an associate attorney for a mid-size civil litigation firm in downtown Tampa, representing clients in lawsuits involving a wide array of practice areas including personal injury, commercial litigation, and insurance defense. Dom successfully represented the firm’s clients against the best companies and law firms in America, such as The Walt Disney Company, represented by Kaye Scholer, LLP, and ACE Westchester, represented by Sedgwick, LLP.
In 2015, Dom joined with another prominent Tampa business litigation attorney as Partner and part owner of a bustling South Tampa litigation law firm,. While there, Dom built a personal injury and business litigation practice from scratch. He successfully negotiated and settled countless cases, as well as managed a busy litigation practice with many cases actively in suit across the state of Florida. It was during this time that Dom became involved with the University of Tampa as an adjunct professor, teaching business law and entrepreneurship law at the Sykes College of Business.
Dom formed Dom Law, PA in 2016, with the goal of serving the Ybor Community; a community his family has served for generations with their family business, Columbia Jobbing. At Dom Law, PA, Dom focuses on hiw own personal touch, giving every client the attention they deserve; the kind of attention that the bigger Firms and talking heads no longer provide. Dom prides himself on being a dedicated lawyer, friend, social advocate, and business owner.
Dom is true lawyer; he is extremely active in national and local bar organizations. Most notably, Dom is the current Vice-Director for the Membership and Marketing Team of the American Bar Association, Young Lawyer's Division, sits on the board of the Hillsborough County Bar Association YLD as the YLD Historian, and sits on the board for the National Italian American Bar Association, as well as chairs the Tampa Chapter for NIABA. This rise started in 2015, when Dom served as a Vice-Chair and Content Editor for the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS) for the American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division. Then in 2016, Dom accepted positions as the Co-Chair and Senior Content Editor for TIPS for the American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division. Dom is published in a number of ABA publications, and speaks on behalf of the ABA at National Conferences and local law schools. Dom is also active in the Hillsborough County Bar Association, and sits on the boards for the Pro Bono, Community Service, Youth Services, and Events Committees of the Young Lawyers Division. Once a month, Dom volunteers with Ask-a-Lawyer, and has been featured on Fox 13 for his service.
Dom continues to supplement his practice and bar activities with a strong commitment to civic service. He joined Hillsborough Lodge No. 25 in 2014, and was raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason in 2015. Dom became a member of Egypt Shrine, dividing his time between Shrine and Fun ‘N Frolic activities, with a singular goal in mind: raising money for Shriner’s Hospitals for Children. Dom is a Shrine Clown, attending events monthly as “Lil’ Bit”, an Auguste–Themed Clown, donning purple shorts and a top hat. Outside of Lodge activities, Dom volunteers his time with the 13th Judicial Circuit as a Certified Volunteer Guardian ad Litem and devotes a large part of his practice to pro bono work. Finally, Dom sits on the Corporate Counsel Board for Shriners Hospitals for Children, Tampa.
In his free time, Dom enjoys writing, and is the author of his own legal blog entitled “The Young Lawyer.” He is a member of South Tampa Fellowship and a leader in the Youth Ministry and Sunday School. An avid fitness enthusiast, Dom completed his first full marathon in February 2013 and regularly exercises at Crunch Fitness in South Tampa. Dom also enjoys spending time with his girlfriend, Marcia, his family and friends, reading, cooking, and working in his yard.
Dom has been a member of the Florida Bar since 2013 and is admitted to the Middle and Southern District of Florida.
Learn more about Domenick Lazzara by following his blog.
• American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Vice-Director of Membership and Marketing (2017 – 2018)
• Egypt Shrine, Legal Committee, Member (2016 – Present)
• Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Pro Bono Committee, Member (2016–2017)
• Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Youth Projects Committee, Member (2016–2017)
• Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Community Services Committee Member (2016-2017)
• Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Events Committee Member (2016-2017)
• Hillsborough County Bar Association (2015-Present)
• American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Vice-Chair, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Committee (2015-2016)
• American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Content Editor, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Committee (2015-2016)
• American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Co-Chair, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Committee (2016-2017)
• American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Senior Content Editor, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Committee (2016-2017)
• American Bar Association (2014-Present)
• National Italian American Bar Association (2014-Present)
• Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Emerge, Member (2015 – Present)
• “30 Tips in 30 Minutes”, In conjunction with the American Bar Association and Cooley Law School, 2016, Tampa, Florida
• “The Misguided Young Lawyer”, National Italian American Bar Association, 2015 Winter Conference, Naples, Florida